The civil engineering industry regularly uses EPS in many applications.
EPS has been used for decades as an insulating or structural material in buildings and as lightweight fill for road infrastructures.
Different applications of expanded polystyrene:
- Lightweight fill (Geofoam)
- Insulated concrete forms (ICF)
- HD panels for the insulation of roads and water pipes
- Wall and floor insulation
- Exterior insulation and finish system (EIFS)
- Architectural lightweight blocks and green roofing
Many new applications are also possible thanks to the creativity of architects, engineers, designers and inventors.
HD275 - High Density Insulating Board
HD400 - High Density Insulating Board